Who We Are
Olympic Industries ULC is a leading international forest products trading company with annual revenue exceeding $500 million. Our expertise includes the trading, importing/exporting, and manufacturing of forest products.
Established in 1972, we have a strong record of success and a clear vision for our industry’s sustainable future. Our office is located in the heart of the vibrant and breathtaking Lonsdale Quay
Olympic Industries is excited to offer a highly motivated and detail-orientated student the opportunity to join our growth-oriented team for a 4-month contract as an Accounting & Office Assistant Co-op!
Working closely with the Accounts Payable Coordinator, the Accounting & Office Assistant will support the accounts payable function in the day-to-day operations along with providing office support to the operations team.
The Accounting & Office Assistant will be responsible for the following, in collaboration with other team members, as well as other related duties as assigned to support the business objectives and purpose of the company:
- Review & sort new invoices and calculate payment dates for correct processing times.
- Match invoices to appropriate order number or GL, and post accordingly.
- Print cheques and initiate electronic payments.
- Process customer invoices daily.
- Resolve supplier and customer enquiries.
- Enter debit & credit notes as necessary.
- Enter adjustments as required.
- Assist in the month-end closing procedures.
- Provide other backup support as required including, but not limited to, assisting Reload and Remanufacturing Departments.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Who Were Looking For
Education and Experience
- Working towards a Diploma or Degree in a related program such as Accounting
- Previous experience in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, particularly in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with AS400 and Great Plains considered an asset.
- Proven ability to complete work in a timely manner with exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and visual communication skills.
- A high degree of initiative, work ethic, integrity, and honesty.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of an organization.
- Ability to complete work in a timely manner with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to act with good judgement and discretion, keeping sensitive business data secure.
- $38K-45K per annum.
- On-site kitchen with a Nespresso bar.
- On-site gym.
- Invitation to company lunches.
Why Join Us?
Small Company with Big Perks
- Olympic is a mid-sized company with an open door/open concept layout where anybody you may need is easily accessible. This layout not only helps to support individuals in their career growth and development but also encourages individuals to interact and be curious about how different departments support each other in their roles.
Great Central Location
- Located in the Lonsdale Quay, Olympic is transit accessible from any location in the lower mainland. There are many great shops, restaurants, and parks within a walking distance and the mountains are just a 10-minute drive away.
To apply, please submit a resume in confidence to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest! However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. At Olympic Industries, we embrace diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, cultures, perspectives skills, and experiences. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.