Who We Are
Olympic Industries ULC is a leading international forest products trading company with our annual revenue exceeding $500 million. Our expertise includes the trading, importing/exporting, and manufacturing of forest products from the comfort of our office located in the heart of the vibrant and beautiful Lonsdale Quay in North Vancouver, BC.
Established in 1972, we have a strong record of success and a clear vision for our industry’s sustainable future. With over 30 active Commodity Traders, we are proud to have a corporate culture that rewards hard work, entrepreneurship, and team collaboration.
Olympic Industries is excited to offer a highly motivated and passionate individual the opportunity to join our growth-oriented team as a Commodity Trader Intern for a 4-month contract beginning January 2024!
Working closely with Traders, the Commodity Trader Intern contributes to the success of Olympic Industries through leading market research projects to find new business opportunities and by seamlessly supporting the logistics department in their day-to-day operations as they oversee the movement of commodities throughout the North American market.
The Commodity Trader Intern will be responsible for the following as well as other related duties as assigned to support the business objectives and purpose of the company:
Establish, maintain, and grow relationships with trading staff to better understand the ins and outs of commodity trading and operational requirements.
- Developing meaningful relationships with trading and logistics staff to better understand business objectives and transportation lanes.
- Identify creative business opportunities through market research projects to further career development and provide value to Olympic Industries.
Support the logistics operations function of the company:
- Following up with carriers and brokers for timely receipt of all logistics documentation.
- Update spot rate information received on an hourly/daily basis.
- Identifying inefficiencies to support improvement initiatives.
- Preparing and updating reports and other logistics-related documentation.
- Ensuring compliance with import/export/customs regulations and other legal requirements.
- Ensuring all backend paperwork is executed properly and sent to the correct person in a timely manner.
Who We’re Looking for
To be successful as a Commodity Trader Intern, an individual must be committed to developing, maintaining, and demonstrating the following:
- Previous experience in a fast-paced work environment.
- Working towards or completion of a Degree/Diploma in a related program such as Business.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, particularly Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office.
- High-energy with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of an organization.
- Experience in competitive sports or other highly competitive roles is considered an asset.
What We Offer
Small Company with Big Perks
- Olympic is a mid-sized company with an open door/open concept layout where anybody you may need is easily accessible. This layout not only helps to support individuals in their career growth and development but also encourages individuals to interact and be curious about how different departments support each other in their roles.
Great Central Location
- Located in the Lonsdale Quay, Olympic is transit accessible from any location in the lower mainland. There are many great shops, restaurants, and parks within a walking distance and the mountains are just a 10-minute drive away.
- Salary range: $40,000-$45,000 per annum.
- On-site gym & showers.
- Nespresso coffee & tea bar.
- This position is 100% in office, located in Lower Lonsdale, North Vancouver.
To apply, please submit a resume to our job board at https://olympicindustriesulc.easyapply.co/.
We thank all applicants for their interest! However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. At Olympic Industries, we embrace diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, cultures, perspectives skills, and experiences. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.