Who We Are
Olympic Industries ULC is a leading international forest products trading company with annual revenue exceeding $500 million. Our expertise includes importing/exporting, manufacturing, and wholesale distribution of lumber.
Established in 1972, we have a strong record of success and a clear vision for our industry’s sustainable future. Our office is located in the heart of the vibrant and breathtaking Lonsdale Quay.
Olympic Industries is currently searching for a highly motivated and passionate Lumber Operations Coordinator to join our growth-oriented team and contribute to the company’s success through providing administrative support to the Remanufacturing Department, liaising between the Reload, Customers, and Traders, and providing backup support for the Operations Team.
Reporting to the Controller, the Lumber Operations Coordinator will work both in individual and team capacity to support the operations of the company.
- Provide financial, operational, and inventory support of custom remanufactured products.
- Periodically enter Trader Outbound (OB) Sales.
- Enter the corresponding Purchase Orders (PO) into SalesAssist.
- Hedge transactions as required.
- Create Shipment Release.
- Liaise between the Reload and Traders to resolve issues as they arise.
- Notify the Logistic Department to book load and notify Reload for customer pickups.
- Complete required customs paperwork.
- Follow up with Reload for outbound shipment paperwork.
- Invoice all shipments.
- Resolve customer enquiries, including resending invoices and answering reload-related shipping questions.
- Request external reports required to manage month-end inventory
- Provide administrative support to the various Domestic Sales Team including inventory management, invoicing, accounting, and other operational and clerical duties.
- Provide other backup support as required, including but not limited to Accounts Payable.
What We’re Looking For
Education and Experience
- Degree or diploma in a related program such as Office Administration, Business Management, and Forestry.
- Minimum 1+ years of administrative experience in the lumber industry.
- Previous experience operating SalesAssist considered an asset.
- Proven ability to complete work in a timely manner with exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and visual communication skills.
- A high degree of initiative, work ethic, integrity, and honesty.
- Ability to listen and understand instructions and work independently or with others to complete tasks.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to use strong judgement in analyzing, troubleshooting, and evaluating problems.
- Ability to act with good judgement and discretion: keeping sensitive business data secure.
- Skilled at providing prompt, friendly, and attentive support to Traders and Operations staff.
- Desire and capacity to acquire new knowledge and develop new skills, specifically in the commodities trading industry.
Why Join Us?
- Unlimited earning potential with a highly competitive compensation model.
- Work hard, play hard company culture.
- Employee stock ownership plan.
- On-site gym and showers.
- On-site kitchen.
- Extended health benefits.
- Life insurance.
- Long-term disability insurance.
- Employee assistance and scholarship programs.
- Easy access to the mountains and oceans.
We thank all applicants for their interest! However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. At Olympic Industries, we embrace diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences. As an equal opportunity employer,