Who We Are
Olympic Industries ULC is a leading international forest products trading company with annual revenue exceeding $500 million. Our expertise includes importing, manufacturing, and wholesale distribution of lumber.
Established in 1972, we have a strong record of success and a clear vision for our industry’s sustainable future. Our office is located in the heart of the vibrant and breathtaking Lonsdale Quay.
Olympic Industries is currently searching for a highly motivated and passionate Administrative Assistant to join our growth-oriented team and contribute to the company’s success through providing ongoing seamless support within the Operations Department.
Reporting to the Controller, the Administrative Assistant will provide seamless administrative support to the Olympic Trading Teams and backup support to various Operations Departments.
- Assist Traders/Operations Team with order entries on SalesAssist.
- Enter Derivative Notes on SalesAssist.
- Answer incoming phone calls and distribute accordingly.
- Provide assistance with Accounts Payable and payment processing.
- Provide assistance to the domestic invoicing functions.
- Provide assistance to the Domestic Reload Manager.
- Collect, organize, and scan paper documents for electronic storage.
- Classify, name, and save digitized files in corresponding drives.
- Perform other operational and clerical duties as required, such as inventory management, invoicing, and accounting.
Who We’re Looking For
Education and Experience
- Degree or diploma in a related program such as Office Administration, Business Management, and Forestry considered an asset.
- Minimum of 2 years of administrative experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Administrative experience in the lumber industry is considered an asset.
- Proven ability to complete work in a timely manner with exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and visual communication skills.
- A high degree of initiative, work ethic, integrity, and honesty.
- Ability to listen to and understand instructions.
- Ability to work independently or with others to complete tasks.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to use strong judgement in analyzing, troubleshooting, and evaluating problems.
- Ability to act with good judgement and discretion: keeping sensitive business data secure.
- Skilled at providing prompt, friendly, and attentive support to Traders and Operations staff.
- Desire and capacity to acquire new knowledge and develop new skills, specifically in the commodities trading industry.
Why Join Us?
- Work hard, play hard company culture.
- Employee stock ownership plan.
- RRSP Contribution Plan.
- On-site gym and showers.
- On-site kitchen.
- Extended health benefits.
- Life insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
- Long-term disability insurance.
- Employee assistance and scholarship programs.
- Easy access to the mountains and oceans.
We thank all applicants for their interest! However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. At Olympic Industries, we embrace diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.